Textbook: LEle Chp 3 In the Park
Objectives: Revise vocab + articles (a, an,the) + ans simple question + oral practice
Duration: 1 lesson (45 mins)
First Step (Revision of Vocab)
1. Put the poster on the board. Ask students to put the vocab next to the corresponding pictures and read out the words.
Second Step (Group Work)
1. In groups of four ( I have eight gps in my class) , each student has a number : 1, 2 , 3 or 4. Each of them has their own role to play in finishing the task.
2. Each group will receive: a) some letters which need to be arranged into a meaningful word b) a marker c) a piece of paper
3. Student 1 needs to arrange the letters to a word. Student 2 writes the sentence I can see ___ ___. Student 3 draws the picture. Student 4 comes out and presents. Student 1,2,3 has to help Student 4 to practise before she comes out.
4. I ask Student 4 to come and hold the picture. Then I’ll ask her the question, “What can you see?” To make the conversation more natural, I greet them first (e.g Hey, Christy. How are you? / You look happy today )before I ask the question.
5. Stick all the 8 pictures on the board and ask students to vote for their favourite ones. Ask students why they like the particular work and ask them to give comments to the gp’s performance. My kids were able to give simple reasons like “the picture is beautiful”, “She writes neatly”, “She speaks loudly” etc.
Homework : WB p. 9, 10