My colleagues and I are inspired by Alice in the Wonderland. We decided to plan this art project.
Background: Imagine you have drunk the poison in Alice in the Wonderland and get strunk! When you wake up, you are at school already. What will happen to you? Make up your own story.
1. Students are asked to plan their story. They have to tell the story in four pictures. They can draw the storyboard and discuss it with their friends on the drawing paper.
2. According to their stories, they posed and took pictures with their digital camera. Have the pictures developed and cut out the required shapes.
3. Put the cut out shapes to anywhere they want and take the pictures again. Make sure they use the ‘Micro’ mode in the camera without using the flash.
4. Developed the pictures, paste them onto the drawing paper and decorate them.
How to work more in the English lessons? ( I haven’t started yet, but I’ll do it after they finished the art project.)
1. After the pictures are put in order, students are asked to write the story in English. They can write the story in the ” 1st person ” or ” 3rd person ” perspective (Introduce this concept if they don’t know about it).
2. To make the story more interesting, encourage them to add some conversations/monologues into it.
3. Introducing ” Microsoft Photostory 3 “. Students can download the software and transform their stories into digital stories. Teach some basic skills during the lesson, and ask them to publish their stories into wmv files. Upload the files onto Youtube if they want to publish their work to the world.